The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking to recruit for its Personnel - Corporate Services Directorate (CS) – HR Strategy and Governance Department – Employee Relations and Wellbeing Division – Occupational Health Service at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a
Occupational Health Physician
This is a campaign at grade 5/6.
This is a full-time position.
The term of this contract will be 4 years.
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid-March 2019.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
Monitor the health and safety of staff members by developing policies and actions and providing recommendations for Personnel management in order to fulfil the Bank’s duty of care.
Reports to the Head of Employee Relations and Wellbeing Division.
Internal contacts: All staff.
External contacts: Other EU Institutions, Hospitals & Clinics, Laboratories, External Doctors.
His/her main duties will include:
- identify, prevent and monitor occupational risks, with a focus on psychosocial risks and mental health issues;
- execute the pre-employment medical assessment of newly hired staff members, in order to ensure a timely and efficient delivery of responses and provide excellent customer service;
- execute Fitness for Travel assessments in order to fulfil the Bank’s commitments under the new Safety and Health Policy approved by the Management Committee on 16/05/2018. This includes a medical assessment of the staff members’ health, to ensure a global assessment of their individual risks;
- provide Travel Health advice to staff going on missions in order to ensure a timely and efficient delivery of responses and provide excellent customer service;
- provide regular preventive health examinations and emergency care to all EIB staff, including assessment and referral;
- identify, prevent and monitor occupational health problems. This includes the follow-up of staff and the management of specific files (long illness absence, work accidents, disability case management, …);
- advise managers and Personnel staff members regarding medical cases;
- liaise with the responsible services in the Bank when medical accommodations are required (i.e. in case the staff member has temporarily or permanently reduced mobility);
- contribute to the development, implementation and communication of policies and procedures in occupational health and support the implementation of plans and initiatives in particular: prevention and health promotion programmes, stress, musculoskeletal and injury prevention, first aid, health education, public health epidemiology incl. handling of pandemics, smoking cessation, weight control, and screening for cardiovascular and other risks;
- maintain the standards of accurate and complete recording and reporting on the health services’ activities;
- maintain own knowledge and awareness on new and/or updated policies and rules in occupational health domain;
- analyse the reports of the annual visits and full medical examinations done in hospitals and propose the enrolment of staff to one of the health programs (smoking cessation, weight loss, lower back pain etc). Propose recommendations for actions to Personnel management.
- Qualified physician with a specialisation in occupational health.
- At least 8 years’ experience in the field of occupational health and at least 3 years’ experience in psychosocial risk prevention.
- Experience in public health is a plus.
- Good knowledge of mental health emergency response protocols.
- Good knowledge of travel medicine and immunisation.
- Good knowledge of the administrative policies and procedures governing the management of medical files.
- Respect of the absolute confidentiality of personal health related data and discretion
- Interpersonal sensitivity.
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French*, with a good knowledge of the other. Knowledge of another EU language(s) would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
Please apply via the 'Apply' button.
Deadline for applications: 20th January 2019.
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
(*) We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.